Friday, March 11, 2016

~Review~ Anna and the French Kiss


Title: Anna and the French Kiss
By: Stephanie Perkins
Published: December 2, 2010
Source: Library

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

*The reason I put up two different covers of the book: I really liked the 2nd cover but I got the first cover >.<*
This book, just wow.. I loved almost everything about it. I mean Eteinne? Oh my god. The moment he stepped foot into the book, I totally fell for him. He's like the best boy-friend I never had! Yet, because of all his feelings for Ellie *which always irked me* I did want to throw something at his indecisiveness. I mean you fall in love with another girl as soon as you see her? She's funny and gorgeous, and just your cup of tea? Then for gods sake dump Ellie and go for Anna. Cause we all know that your relationship with Ellie has been sour for a while. Speaking of Ellie, I do want to know her side of the story. Why did she suddenly go to another school and split up with her friends? Were they not good enough for her? 

Also, I loved how the author didn't totally ignore all the other characters! The other characters added so much to the story and helped the character development. Like with Mer, she was the one who encountered Anna first, and made Anna feel welcomed in Paris. & Plus Bridgette, if she didn't go out with Toph, Anna wouldn't have realized about how much a insensitive pig Toph was. Though I think the only problem I actually had with some of the characters was Rashmi and Josh, I just felt that their relationship ended too abruptly, I know they weren't the main focus but still I wanted to see more of them. I mean I was just really unsatisfied about how their relationship ended. 

I was actually pretty surprised at how I got into this book so quickly! I honestly don't read much contemporary books, so this was one of the few books I've actually read in that genre! Anna and the French Kiss was like a breath of fresh air, it shows such realistic situations and makes your feelings get all jumbled up. The main character Anna, though some of her actions might be questionable, they are realistic actions. We're not perfect, we are human beings and that just that. If I were her, I think I would probably do the same thing as her. Fall for the cute, witty, and cheeky boy who stole my heart and breath away the moment he stepped foot into my view. This book is just so different and unique, I won't put it on a high pedestal and say its one of the best contemporary books I've ever read since I haven't really read much, but I do have to say if you're looking for something different, something with romance and fluff, and something that will make you gush and smile, then this is just the book for ya! The reason why I really enjoyed the book, I think is because I've been actually learning French for two years!! Plus I'm also learning about the French Revolution in History class, and I recently got A Tale of Two Cities!! So yeah, if you get my drift I'm pretty sure I was gonna read this book one way or another with all these factors. xD

                        

Until then, Cindy ^-^

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book yet, but it's super high on my TBR list! I've overdue for a cute romance book. So glad you liked it, and I can't wait to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad that this is on your TBR list, it is a book everyone should read! :D & I'm sorry about all the spoilers in my review Erika. >~<

      Delete