Monday, June 29, 2015

The Clockwork Angel Review

The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
                         
                                 
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series. 
The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them... 


Honestly the Infernal Devices is one of my favorite series ever, it's only second to The Maximum Ride Series and The Beautiful Creatures Series! :D Back to the book, I really liked how Cassandra Clare had portrayed the characters and their feelings in the book. I mean between Will and Tessa's witty conversations and the heartbreaking sickness that Jem has, and it really amazes me how she can make her readers feel so attached to the characters so fast. I also love that Tessa and Will are book lovers! xD

Another thing abut the book, is it's poetry. I mean if you take the chance to read them you'll notice that the poetry is really beautiful. Plus as you read them, you'll realize how beautifully the poems are incorporated into the chapters too. The Clockwork Angel is also really eye catching with it's book cover alone, and I have to say honestly it was one of the reasons that I was attracted to the series .-. Don't judge. >.< Though it was partially the cover, I had really loved the plot of the book to. I have to say this is a double threat book, I mean it has a great plot and a gorgeous cover!



Even though it kills me to be negative about books, I guess it is the time to point out some things about this book. X_X The only annoying part of this book to me was even though I love him, Will Herondale... I mean yeah let's face it he can be very snarky, and mean but there's a line you shouldn't cross and he did it. His personality sometimes is also a bit overbearing, though gotta say it's one that also will make you laugh out loud while reading his remarks. I mean sometimes I really want Will to just stop trying to ignore that he likes Tessa in the book =.= Like I'm heading into an spoiler area so I'm just gonna stop myself here but sometimes Will is like this. The other image also describes him so much, *any anime lovers out there? :o*



So 4/5 is what my final score for this book would be, this is a definitely must read book in my library! :) Though my analyzing skills may not be that good right now, I really hope I'll get better as I continue reviewing!

Until next time, Cindy :)

2 comments:

  1. *Puts my hand up high shamelessly as an anime lover*
    Loved this review! The Infernal Devices is one of my favorite series to read. I just love Cassandra Clare's world of Shadowhunters! I especially loved how Tessa loves books, because we can obviously relate :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, I will instantly love ya for being an anime lover xD *high fives that arm*

      Delete