Saturday, August 15, 2015

Blogger Recognition Award

First thing I want to say is I'm sorry I haven't posted this week at all! >.< I've been in a kinda book stump, I mean I have books to read but like I can't decide what to read because I also have a summer reading project and like I want to read one book but then I also have to read another book! It's been a disaster this week! But I'm gonna try to read all my books soon, so I can post reviews and stuff!
Okay getting back to the main topic, thanks so much Fiona @ A Girl Between the Pages and Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing, and Everything in Between for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! ;)




Rules:

1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give this award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself of the person who has nominated you. 

2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. List who you nominated in your post. Make sure to attach the award yourself! 

3. Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to your award post.

4. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!


~How it all Began~
Alas the story of my blog has come to light! xD Hmm I guess I really missed the feel of having a blog where I could share my feelings about things I want to. So a while back I actually did have a blog but it was for a online game *as lame as that might sound* called Chobots, which by the way I no longer play. & back then as a blogger I was always self conscience, considering the designs of other people's blogs, or how they posted. But getting to the point of my reminiscence, while I was on goodreads reading reviews I saw how a lot of people had created book blogs sharing their thoughts and feelings and I was like hey why don't I give it a shot? So then for days I was always debating, "should I create a new blog about books or should I not?" and I did because I am here posting about an award! xD

Considering I'm writing the story of how my blog began which was not so long ago, I totally don't regret my decision. I have made so many new friends in the blogging community and hopefully many more in the future! So thank you so much to all those people that have shared their opinions about books out there that inspired me to make a book blog! ;)

~Tips~
1. Make your blog design something you like, be original, no that doesn't mean you have to come up with something so amazingly original nobody has done, it means that choose a background and make a header that YOU will like! Be yourself and don't overthink, because remember blogging is opposed to be fun!
2. Haha this is ironic, but don't forget to reach out to other bloggers and ask for tips! Don't worry they won't bite, because 99.9% they will be friendly and give you some awesome pointer! x)
3. This is gonna be a simple a straight forward tip, blogging is something that you have fun with, if it feels like a burden then blogging might not be for you. But if you feel like this is just a temporal thing and still want to keep blogging try taking some time off and then come back on and see if you still feel the same.

~Nominee's~ *>.< I am so sorry but I wasn't able to find enough people*

Rachel, Julia, and Mishma @ APCB
Cody-Leigh Duffy @ Literary-ly Obessed
A.J. @ Literary Legionnaire
Donita @ My Random Book Thoughts



10 comments:

  1. Loved this! Haha, I completely get what you mean about seeing all sorts of reviewers on Goodreads and their blogs. I felt the same way! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D & Yeah have to say though Goodreads is a really nice way to discover new books, and make a lot of friends even though I haven't personally posted a review on it.

      Delete
  2. Awww thanks for nominating us! <33

    Reaching out to other bloggers and not being afraid to ask questions is a very good and important tip! Some people feel too shy or weird to ask, but you really shouldn't be. Bloggers are so sweet about answering my multiple questions xD

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of people are including a lot of new bloggers and even though I hate to admit I am too, I mean all those experienced bloggers blogs look so neat and professional!! So thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog Rachel! :D

      Delete
  3. I just notice your comment just now.. Sorry, but thank you so much for nominating my humble blog! :) <3

    I always am shy too ask to other bloggers because I'm so afraid they just ignore me.. I'm sensitive like that.. LOL. Thanks thanks! :)

    Donita @ My Random Book thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem, and don't worry, I too am kinda shy to ask others I mean their blogs look so good and I mean you don't know if they will reply or not. But like you gotta take the chance, like if your shy at first just try to find a post with something you have read about and type a comment!! You don't have to try so hard cause most of the time the blogger who has such an amazing blog may of been as nervous or shy as you when they started! x)

      Delete
  4. Love the tips! I always have a problem reaching out to the more experienced bloggers because I'm afraid that I'm not as awesome as them, so I'm always thinking they won't reply. I guess it's not necessarily the experienced bloggers (because I've also been blogging for more than a year) but the bloggers with the awesome and professional blog designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D & Yeah I get what your saying I mean some people have blogs that look so good and professional you think they won't reply. But yeah you should at least try to comment and if they don't reply don't get discouraged!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the award! I didn't even realize you nominated me until now, LOL. Thanks so much! :-) I'm glad you joined the book blogosphere, girly!

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, and I hope you enjoy doing the post for it! xD

      Delete