Monday, November 16, 2015

Book Haul of November ♥♥

I haven't been able to really post much reviews or anything at all lately, but here are the books that I've got this month. & Also I recently got a position at my local library as a weekly volunteer so I'm really happy since I can get more books now! :D I also really love this batch of books I got this month, it's the best batch I have gotten so far in my opinion! ♥♥

Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas


 

Phew, just these this first book really blew me away and now I'm already halfway through the second book! So far I'm loving Crown of Midnight. Especially these Chaol and Celaena moments! They are so heartwarming and I smile so much and re-read those moments so many times when they come up in the book. I just love how they understand each other and how they depend on each other. Though I gotta say even if I never shipped Dorian with her, ohh the pain he must have felt seeing them together. Dorian just seems to always catch Chaol and Celaena at their intimate moments, and I just feel so bad for him! >:( I mean I do love him, though I just see him as more as a brother or best friend to Celaena then a lover. But as I am still on the topic of lovers, I hear their will be a new guy in the third book "Heir of Fire" and it is not looking good for the Chaol and Calaena shippers! :O I don't know how I'll feel about this new guy but I'll have to get their first, who knows they might even be my new otp. But for now it is Chaol x Calaena! Though one thing I notice about the first two books is that the concept of Fae keeps coming up, and Calaena keeps eluding us when the book alludes at her real name. 



This is also another one of the new books series that I have recently started and I seem to be having a really good book streak because all the new books series I have started so far are really good! This book series really interest me since I realized I have not really read a series in a while that features a male protagonist. The first book starts off really great, indicating right away that Nick Gautier is a troubled teen in which danger follows his every move. As the book progress' we learn that he is actually the son of a very dangerous man, who will stop at nothing to make Nick fall prey to the dark nature of his powers. In this book series, we do learn as the book series continue Nick will only embark and encounter stronger enemies and find it harder and harder to resist the darkness that dwells deep inside him. I really do enjoy the dark element Sherrilyn incorporated into this book and I am looking forward to reading Invincible.  




At first glance, this book seems like any another contemporary book about a normal girl who thinks she has found her one true love. But in reality this girl, Stella, feels anything but normal after getting a successful heart transplant. Instead this book turns a very harsh 180 degree turn from normal to what seems to be unnatural. Everyday Stella seems to encounter side effects from the transplant and her heart is always hurting, except around a certain new boy who has just transferred to her school. So determined that he is her soul mate, she spends every fleeting moment she has around him. But is this really the reason why her heart doesn't hurt when she is near him... because he's her soulmate? Nah, I personally just think that it's like a pseudo effect, since her heart does not hurt around him, she just comes up with whatever reasonable explanation she can come up with rather then finding it strange. So yeah this book to me has an obsession/dark plot and vibe to it in my opinion. I haven't read this book yet, however I have to admit I did read some reviews and that is why I know what the plot of the book will somewhat be.



I don't really know how I will feel about this book because incidentally, her other book series The Raven Boys I did not really mix well with. I mean I didn't hate it, I just sorta gave up on the book when I was halfway into it... I just did not feel a spark with it. So I really hope this book will redeem my opinion of her books because I heard this one was really good. While looking at the summary it seems very interesting, I just really hope this isn't another book that got too much hyped up attention. 



I've heard many times of how so many people rave about how amazing this book is, so I gave this a shot and grabbed it off the shelf from the library on Saturday. I haven't read this book yet as I am still stuck in the world of Throne of Glass, but it is probably one of the many books that I will soon get to reading! Though I do think I'll probably enjoy this book since it seems that it shares some similar traits to Throne of Glass such as a kick ass female protagonist who's an assassin.



Getting this book makes me feel like I'm just trying to find another mythological book series that will be as great as the Percy Jackson series. I mean the PJ series took up a whole lot of space in my heart as it was one of the first ever book series to ever get me hooked onto books. Even though I got this book somewhat based on recommendations of it being as good as PJ, I do sincerely like the plot of this series as it is about Norse mythology which is pretty interesting! 



Wow I am just so excited for this book and I cannot believe my library had a copy of this book already! When I got my hands on this book I literally spazzed out because of how new it looked and how nice the book felt in my hands! The summary of this book is so intriguing and I really can't wait to read this book! & Oh my gosh have I mentioned how beautiful the book cover is?! I just love the texture and design of the book cover especially the black wings. I really can't wait to find out the significance of why the group of teens in this book will be called the 6 of crows, I mean there are 6 characters so it has to have some sort of meaning. This plot is just so unique and I am really hyped up for this book! 

So this is probably going to be one of my few posts of the month, but don't worry even though I'm not actively posting every single day, it doesn't mean I won't have time to comment back or check out new blog posts by other bloggers! ;) Anyways what are your thoughts about these books guys? Have any of you guys read these books, if so were they good? I'm open to discussion about the book, but please don't include any spoilers! ^^

Until then, Cindy :)

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh, enjoy the Throne of Glass series and Six of Crows! I'm actually reading Six of Crows as we speak, and so far, it's amazing! :D
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Erika! :D I'm really loving the series so far, though I don't know how I'll feel about another guy just suddenly coming into the 3rd book.. but I guess I'll find out when I get there. I hope you enjoy 6 of crows too! ^^

      Delete
  2. Such nice picks! I'm about to start Throne of Glass and Six of Crows this coming season too! I hope it lives up to our expectations, don't you think? :D

    I'm really kind of bothered with Chandler Baker's Alive (i've been seeing it around Goodreads ALOT) because of the blurb. Hopefully you'll enjoy it! :)

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! :) & Yeah I do have to agree with you on Alive, its like this book has been really hyped and on most book lovers radars.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you've got quite the haul here! I want to read Graceling sometime over winter break and perhaps try a Maggie Stiefvater book. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your reads. :-)

    Julia Anne
    Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! :D & I really hope you find good books to read over winter break!

      Delete
  4. Nice haul! And YES another person who’s going to read Graceling! I read it a few years ago and I just loved it! The fantasy world in it is both simple yet amazing, and the characters are likable :) I hope you enjoy it, I’ll be looking out for your review! :D
    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read Graceling yet but its definitely something that I will read soon! :D And yeah I will surely put a review once I read it!

      Delete