Saturday, November 28, 2015

Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Hey guys its me, I know I have been sluggish with updating my blog, today I will be reviewing a book from a series that I have been really enjoying!


Though I did not do a review for the first book, I assure you guys the first book is really good!! :D (Though if you guys want me to I will post up a review for the first book). So anyways Invincible the second installment to Kenyon's amazing prequel to the Dark Hunter series, The Chronicles of Nick, is something that will just keep you reading! I mean it might feel slow paced in the first couple of chapters and it progress' really nicely afterwards. I have to say I think I've fallen in love with this book series, it something that I really can't put down and I even read it in one whole day. 

Nick Gautier the main character of this story was an instant hit with me and his personality and even all his quirks make him so lovable in my opinion. Though even Nick can't escape the generic boy characteristics of ya books, he is still unique and very different from most male characters I've ever read about in books. He's loyal to his bones, as sarcastic as he gets, and as Nekoda says he's somebody who doesn't know how handsome he is which makes him even more attractive. Talking about other characters, I really like Caleb and Bubba. Even if Caleb is protecting Nick because an ulterior motive, I do think he's changed his outlook of Nick since the first book. Because I really do think when push comes to shove, he will protect Nick from his father and not betray him, cause if he does not that'll just really break my heart since he and Nick to me are almost like siblings. Caleb's past though, I do hope it'll be revealed in the future books, because as bad as he acts sometimes it seems like he would rather not do them. Now on,to Bubba, sighs there are so many words that can be used to describe him. Eccentric, Psychopath, Lovable, Weird, Amazing.. Bubba did not really get included much in this book, but I really liked his character development in the first book. In this book we find out the reason why he's so eccentric and why he sells so many weapons instead of being in MIT, and trust me it is truly really sad and will make your heart heavy. But it also be really heartwarming at the same time when you learn why he owns such a store providing weapons and why he takes patrols at night.

I really love the kinda dark aura this book has which is something I haven't had the joy of having in a book since the Beautiful Creatures series! So anyways right now I'm on break so I will be reading a bunch of books that I've been behind on! I hope you guys who are on break also enjoy your time reading or doing whatever thing that makes you happy! :)

Until then, Cindy x)

4 comments:

  1. I read the first book, but didn't really like it. However, after reading your review, I'm tempted to pick it up again and give it another shot! It's been a few years since I last read it, so who knows, I might end up liking it a lot more now!
    Great review :)
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you enjoy it on the second try! :D & omg I just re-read my whole post and noticed so many errors in it, so thank you for bearing with my grammer too! xD

      Delete
  2. Wow, this sounds good! :D I'm totally checking this out because of that intriguing synopsis and fierce cover. Awesome review, seashell! xx

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, but I'm so happy to hear that you're going to give The Chronicles of Nick a chance! x)

      Delete