Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Legend by Marie Lu



Legend by Marie Lu
Published: April 16, 2013
Genre: Dystopian
Source: Borrowed, & Summary from Goodreads

From different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths...

Until June's brother is murdered, and Day becomes the prime suspect.

In a shocking turn of events, the two uncover what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths to which their country will go to keep its secrets.

I've heard many good reviews about this book, but honestly I couldn't really get into it at all. It wasn't the author's writing, it just the story plot to me was too slow and a bit bland. The plot is good at some points,  but it just doesn't give me that feeling when I read dystopian books like for an example Shatter Me, or The Darkest Minds. The feeling where you don't know whats happening next but still read on, when the story is slow yet still captures you into the world of it, or the feeling where you feel as if you are experiencing the characters feelings in the book. Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved how she wrote the story with just the right amount of action but not too much fluff in it but that's just about it..

Like I really did not like June and at all, she got Day's mother killed *unintentionally*, turned him in to the authorities and almost got him killed. :| I really didn't understand why Day wasn't really angry at those facts at all. I mean really? Plus though her writing is good, I just feel like that sometimes the scenes where very vague and rushed. I mean June had just made an assumption on some things and them poof she's right, no clues other than a blurry picture. One just doesn't find one or two clues and figure out the whole thing.

                                        

I didn't really get into the whole frenzy for this book like others did but this is just me. I'm sure others will love this book, considering all the good reviews others have given it! ;) 2.5/5 stars is my final score for this book!

Until next time, Cindy :)

4 comments:

  1. This book was definitely hard for me to get into as well. I was a little iffy on this series, though I found the author's other book, The Young Elites, a lot more enjoyable to read. Great review! :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I mean I do like her writing, I just couldn't get into this book series, and yeah I'm planning to read the Young Elites too! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay thanks to your review, it doesn't seem to be a book for me after all. It was in my wishlist but... I think I'm going to pass! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. in my opinion I don't think you should've passed it because even though I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't... but it's your choice so I'll respect that. :)

      Delete