Wednesday, July 15, 2015

White Hot Kiss by Jennifer Armentrout


White Hot Kiss
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Source: PDF  

*Summary from Goodreads
(By the way my reviews will contain spoilers so read at your own cost)


One kiss could be the last. 


Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses. 



Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own dark side from those she loves the most. Especially Zayne, the swoon-worthy, incredibly gorgeous and completely off-limits Warden she's crushed on since forever. 



Then she meets Roth—a tattooed, sinfully hot demon who claims to know all her secrets. Layla knows she should stay away, but she's not sure she wants to—especially when that whole no-kissing thing isn't an issue, considering Roth has no soul. 


But when Layla discovers she's the reason for the violent demon uprising, trusting Roth could not only ruin her chances with Zayne… it could brand her a traitor to her family. Worse yet, it could become a one-way ticket to the end of the world.

What can I say about this book? It is freaking epic and I'm so thankful to Erika @Books, Stars, Writing, and Everything in Between for starting the event to re-read this book because otherwise I wouldn't have found this book! :D I absolutely love the chemistry between Layla and Roth, and the instant I met Roth in the book I was on #Team Roth xD And I quote "At the moment, he looked more like an angel than a demon-a mind numbing beauty that couldn't be trusted", It hit me that I would absolutely love this guy cause he reminded me so much of Will, I'm not saying they are the same but Roth just reminds me of him. I also really liked how the author included so many references to shows, especially Supernatural because I loved that show (until like the last two seasons like what is happening? I don't even know anymore what the purpose in the show is anymore but le sigh I will still watch it. And I swear Chuck is the big man in heaven. And I will dearly miss Kevin :| ). 

Although I heard there was a love triangle in this book from many others who have read this, I didn't really feel like there was one at all. I mean Zayne... I didn't really think he liked Layla until Roth had said to Layla that Zayne definitely liked her more then a friend. Like Layla I find it really ironic how Roth names his familiar's, but other than that I really liked them especially Bambi. Roth, like dear gosh he is just something *couldn't find a word*, If I could imagine his smile I would imagine it would be like Damon's from Vampire Diaries, he may be dangerous but he got the smile of an angel, though he is so cocky. xD Okay, okay maybe the last one would be more like Magnus from TMI and TID... and yes I'm gonna spam with a bunch of gifs. :P




Though this might be weird.. I was always waiting for that moment when Zayne would meet Roth with Layla while they were kissing or something and I would imagine it would be like this:
*Yeah.. I feel like Zayne would freak out a lot so I put a lot of gifs. for him o____o

Zayne:





Roth:


Layla:


But really Roth isn't what I expected him to be, he didn't become a jealous bastard or anything when Zayne was with Layla and I really appreciated that about him, and I liked that he wasn't one to sugar coat things. He just told things to Layla straight to the point. Though the ending of the book really got me. I thought Roth was going to be trapped forever when he sacrificed himself and saved Zayne. I really loved that part when he did that, even though Zayne was the enemy *sorta* he saved him because he knew Layla would be crushed if Zayne was going to be trapped even if it meant sacrificing himself he would do it because he loves her. -sniff-


*Again I'm not saying that he and Will are the same, I'm just saying that he reminds me of Will. *
Roth seemed to have had that vulnerability of someone who's hurt but still coveres it with a mask. He believed he wasn't real and just a replacement just like all the princes before him and Layla was the one to tell him that he wasn't a replacement and he was just as real as anybody else. This is why I'm on #Team Roth, Roth and Layla just get each other like how two puzzle pieces fit each other *I know terrible analogy x_x* & oh my gosh I literally cried when he said this before he was sent away because of the trap :'( "Free will, huh? Damn. It is  a bitch'. And he smiled-he smiled- at me, a real smile, revealing those deep dimples. 'I lost myself the moment I found you". ← the #1 most heartbreaking moment of this book. .-. But the ending reassure's me because of how Layla found her chain in his apartment fixed, so I can't wait to read the next book! This gets 5/5 stars! 

Until next time, Cindy :)


8 comments:

  1. WELCOME TO TEAM ROTH. Isn't he amazing? *sighs dreamily* You're so right, at the end when he sacrifices himself? I was crying. It felt like my heart was being wrenched from my chest. The pain was real. I just...ack. ROTH.
    Haha, when it was first hinted that Zayne was a potential love interest, I was like, whaaat? Really? He's not very awesome though. They said it was going to be a love triangle? How? Zayne has nothing on Roth. But alas, I am but an extremely biased fangirl. ;)
    So glad you enjoyed White Hot Kiss! Can't wait for you to read Stone Cold Touch :)
    TEAM ROTH FOREVER <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Roth is awesome xD i am officialy on his team, and honestly though I don't really see her getting together with Zayne at all I mean they barely interacted in this book and she obviously is in love with Roth and it's obvious at the end of the book!! :D

      Delete
    2. I totally agree. Layla barely talked to Zayne in this book. Roth takes centre stage completely :)
      On another note, I've nominated you for the Book Fangirling Award. Details are here: http://erikabooksandstars.blogspot.ca/2015/07/book-fangirling-blog-award.html

      Delete
    3. Yeah I know I saw xD Thanks and I will talk about the post on Sunday so thank uou for giving me my second blogger award! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much!! :D It will be first award since I started this blog!! & I'll post about it soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roth is freaking perfect! Isn't he? Like seriously is just fjkdashgaeoghsohg I don't even have the words to express how perfect he is and I can get pretty wordy! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! xD Roth is nothing short of awesomeness!!! *hope I got that phrase right..I tend to get phrases wrong for some reason .-.* & Thank you so much for commenting and following me! ;)

      Delete
    2. Lol, you got it right so no worries! :D

      Delete